
I made some oat with milk for my breakfast (yes, Nestum oat with COLD pasturised milk - I just love the taste and texture). Then I posted something about me feeling partially euphoric in Facebook which later was commented by little Bern that I did not "ajak" her along. I was a little stunned to read that. Why would somebody want to be sick together? Finished breakfast, I cleaned my mug and walked past the steaming pot. I saw part of the steaming pot missing and realised that the steaming pot actually used that morning.

I opened up the pot and saw a plate of steamed minced pork with egg. I thought it must be my father who cooked it for my breakfast. So I thought I'd just have double-strength breakfast then. Without much hesitation, I took my favourite spoon and started digging into the pork. It was a little hard and dry unlike the one i used to prepare which was soft and tender and moist. Also, it lacked the "chor" (vinegar) that I would add to make it sour and vinegar-ish (my mother actually labeled me mad for doing that). Trust me, if you love vinegar or sourish stuff, then it is wonderful. It is also more fragrant this way.
I ate like a swine as I was half eating half chatting with Mr. TYY, Ms. World, Auntie Yang and Ms. Global. Out of thin air, there was an SMS from a guy called Milky and I had to entertain that also as he seemed to be chatting with me. Once I was done with my second breakfast, I did the dishes and went back to my seat. How coincidentally, my mobile phone's battery ran dry and I had to charge, so I took the adapter and was about to insert it into the nearest adapter. However, I found out that the adapter was occupied by the rice-cooker, and it was still switched on. I thought my mother forgot to switch it off since Sunday!! But then, as I looked closer, someone cooked a pot of rice.


The rice was supposed to be eaten with the steamed pork and they were actually my lunch for today. Too late. I just hoped that my dad would bring back some side dishes so that I could eat them with plain white rice. In the end, my dad called and he said he would buy "eng chai" (convolvulus), but it ended up to be something else I dislike. No choice but to eat it.
My first week of holidays had gone by just like that. Many people had been traveling here and there. My good friends went to Hong Kong during my final exams period and they seemed to enjoy the trip very much. When I met up with them, there were endless stories of Hong Kong this Hong Kong that. Even on the day they just returned from Hong Kong, someone actually reported to me how it was like. Efficient eh? I had to thank them also for bringing back souvenirs from that land for me and my best friend.


0 comments:
Post a Comment