Purity...

Purity...

Thursday, December 23, 2010

October Craze~


October 2010~ one of the craziest month I've experienced, I could say. First of all, we had mid-semester examinations right after our mid-semester break and it was a hell of a week, especially for my Clinical Pharmacy group. We were having Pharmacology IV paper in the morning and in the afternoon, we're going for ICU department attachment.

Well, the papers were crazy and the attachment, well, fine~ not really that bad. The station preceptor, Ms. YW Tang, was kinda... funny. Some kind of things we learn from this station other than ICU pharmacy unit were: "wearing earing without ears," "susu," "laugh till pass motion to the floor," and, "how you go up, how you come down." Anyway, I got a fits case with Eddy for the department's clerkship. I could say that it was a hell of a time clerking this case. The nursing reports and clinician's progress notes were CONTRADICTING!! !@#$%^&* Got damn frustrated, in the end, both of us came up with just one report.

ICU Clerkship information~

The crazy things did not only happen in school~ birthday planning for the Fairies was kinda difficult. Imagine, still a student, and need to plan for 3 members' birthday. Mercedes' on 13th, Beyoncheq's on 20th, and Sheeby Yang's on 30th. NiNi and I had to make up funny stories telling this and that to him and her. The toughest to deal with was Sheeby. This Sheeby Yang horr, doesn't seem to understand what we told him, and he, though he claimed that he was modern-thinking, insisted on the "pantang-larang's" of birthday celebrations. In the end, we fixed the celebration on the night of Sheeby's actual birthday, 30th October 2010.

Before that, on Mercedes' actual birthday, 13h October, I was attached to the General Medical ward for practical. Ms. Chai was our preceptor and I was excited because she was the one who guided me when I was doing my research and I find that she's quite nice (in terms of personality and willingness to guide). She was also beautiful.

Anyway, I got a case on DM and Leptospirosis, and I couldn't finish copying the progress notes. Worse, during discussion, I couldn't answer a few questions and I felt that she was disappointed in me. I'm set with my target of becoming a good clinical pharmacist and now, I felt that I knew nothing about it. It was really disheartening and I was very down. However, a certain little girl who followed my car back, wasn't aware of it and she was happily boasting about her session, oblivious of the things and people around her (i.e. her environment). I was kinda pissed off at that time but I couldn't say anything.

General Medicine Clerkship CP2 scribbling form~

Medication Chart Review and Drug-Poison Information Services were two of the most boring stations I've been to. The former was slightly better. The latter was like, what the hell, I'd rather attend Mr. Jamaluddin's lecture. The last station of the month was Pediatrics and it was another station where we were to clerk a case. I hoped for an interesting case so that I could use it for my end of semester presentation, and I got it. Though not too complicated, it was a good case to present - Pediatric Case with VSD (ventricular septal defect), Pneumonia, and FTT (failure to thrive). Once again, the question and answer part I couldn't really answer all and the devastated feeling was there again.

Came 30th October and we were once again dressed up for the Fairy Tale event. Six of us again, and this time, we had buffet at Cititel. It was kinda funny that we used the deserts there as birthday cakes for the birthday fairies. After the food, we went for a stroll at Upper Penang Road. We saw a lot of ghosts since it was Halloween's eve.

Desserts~

Food and some of the members~

the Flowers~ (clockwise from top right: Machine, Mercedes, Nini, and Beyoncheq)~

Sheeby & me~

the Birthday Fairies~ Beyoncheq, Sheeby Yang, & Mercedes~

Friendship Never Ends~

0 comments:

Healers of Life...

Healers of Life...

Waterflowers of Osgilliath...

Waterflowers of Osgilliath...